Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More

3rd reply

I'm a total freenet newbie. But, I've been using Java on Linux for
years with very good results.

I'd be happy to help in the Java/Linux setup realm. I've used
Mandriva/Mandrake and Ubuntu. IBM's java implementation was the
better choice for Java 1.3 and 1.4. However I think it's pretty much
even for stability when it comes to 1.5 between IBM and Sun's Java.


> Try Freenet 0.7.
>
> It's much more ressource friendly than 0.5 is/was and is
> the current main project.

> Check out http://wiki.freenetproject.org for installation details
> and more info.

___________________________________________________________________________
4th reply

> OK, Freenet is making my windows box run way too hot. (3.0 AMD
> / 2G /XP Pro) Normally runs 94-98F, when I push really hard it
> gets up to 114-118F. Freenet puts me up at 125-129F! Slows
> everthing down to the point of unusability. So, I either have to turn
> freenet off during the day, or move it off to a dedicated server.

This may be partly to do with Freenet using Non-optimized native
BigInteger library on AMD64/WinXp. See bug #380

https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=380

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home